tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:46 pm 

2016, the year of the book, started very good: in a meeting with my publisher and photographer we decided that my book will be published in June this year.
The title will be “Fascinating Children’s hats.” a tribute to the love of a mother for her child and the diversity of cultures.
In this book I will take you along the children’s hats in my collection of ethnography, tribal children clothing. In 2002 I have started collecting and until now I collected more than 500 pieces.
With two hats from the Miao, one of the 55 ethnic minority groups or ‘minzu’ within China, which I bought in an art gallery, my passion for collecting children's clothing began. Every purchase of a hat makes me curious about the story that this hat is telling me. Where does it come from? What does it tell me about the culture of this region? What symbolic values are enclosed within this hat? Who has made it? Who was wearing this hat? How did this hat find its way to me? I researched in books, on the Internet and by talking to other collectors but the secrets are not always revealed!
Two volumes are planned. In this book we look at the symbolic value from a part of my hat collection.

Until time of publishing you can follow the activities on my Facebook page: Fascinating Children's Hats

Attachments:
File comment: Ge Jia hat
DSCN0420_resultaat.JPG
DSCN0420_resultaat.JPG [ 90.12 KiB | Viewed 3467 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:48 am 
Site Admin

All the very best with all the hard work until the publication of your book. I know it is something you have been working towards for a long time.

I have moved this post to the 'Books' forum to make it easier to find in future.

Best,

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:18 pm 

That is fantastic news Monique! I know that this has been a passionate labour of love for you over a number of years and travels. Along with many others I look forward to seeing the results of your delight in Children's hats!