It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:11 am 
Site Admin

I have received information on a new book:

Eclectic Collecting: Art from Burma in the Denison Museum

Alexandra Green, ed.

ISBN 978-9971-69-404-3

I haven't yet seen it myself although - after quite some hunting around and emails to bookshops I have managed to order a copy which is currently 'in stock'. (Lots of listings around but most booksellers don't seem to have it in stock).

The comment from Burma textile enthusiast Neil Ryan, whose opinion I respect, is: "It contains some very interesting articles on textiles and other items in the Denison Museum’s collection". He has very kindly scanned the cover and contents page for us. I have attached the cover and the contents pages may be downloaded from the attached pdf file

(Neil got his copy from Select Books in Singapore. They do not have it on their website http://www.selectbooks.com.sg/ for purchase but do have copies in stock which can be ordered by email or fax - they have info and order emails on their website. I also found it in stock in the UK at ABC Books (via Abe books). I have ordered my copy from Select books as, even with mailing, since it is published in Singapore it works out cheaper than the copy in the UK! Both bookshops responded helpfully overnight to my enquiry so full marks there.)

Attachments:
File comment: Cover from Eclectic Collecting: Art from Burma in the Denison Museum
Eclectic-Collecting-Coverw.jpg
Eclectic-Collecting-Coverw.jpg [ 58.73 KiB | Viewed 5432 times ]
File comment: Contents of Eclectic Collecting: Art from Burma in the Denison Museum
Eclectic Collecting Contents only.pdf [38.43 KiB]
Downloaded 757 times

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:03 pm 

The art collection in the Museum Burmese Denison in Granville, Ohio, includes more than 1,500 objects dating from the late first millennium AD through the twentieth chapter century.A images of Buddha offers a clear analysis of the examples of how the contemporary collection reflects the political, social and religious requirements.