[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
tribaltextiles.info • View topic - info about children clothing

tribaltextiles.info

It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:53 am 

Attachments:
3960web_372.jpg
3960web_372.jpg [ 59.05 KiB | Viewed 15322 times ]
3962web_265.jpg
3962web_265.jpg [ 59.89 KiB | Viewed 15322 times ]
File comment: is this the babys father
3963web_128.jpg
3963web_128.jpg [ 61.46 KiB | Viewed 15322 times ]
File comment: backside of the jacket
3981web_119.jpg
3981web_119.jpg [ 62.64 KiB | Viewed 15322 times ]
File comment: blue cotton jacket with orange embrodery
3980web_205.jpg
3980web_205.jpg [ 54.4 KiB | Viewed 15322 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:14 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:05 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.tribaltextiles.info
on-line tribal textiles resource

Post subject: children clothing
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:58 pm 

Attachments:
File comment: side view from the UFO hat
DSCN3959web.jpg
DSCN3959web.jpg [ 110.33 KiB | Viewed 15252 times ]
File comment: my "Tibetan hat"
DSCN1949web.jpg
DSCN1949web.jpg [ 67.24 KiB | Viewed 15252 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:44 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:49 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:29 am 

Hello All-
These are wonderful little hats- beautiful examples of the art. I am really drawn to the archetypal spiral motifs and since first seeing panels with these designs in China have been fascinated with the artful ways in which color is used with this pattern, giving it both a modern and an ancient feel. The second hat is quite enigmatic with the little photograph sewn in- probably the father, and do I detect the bill of a hat, military perhaps? Fascinating...

I, too have been looking thru my books- mainly the Yi book on costumes and adornments and the baby carrier book and tho I find similar work and motifs in the Yi book, I think that both the first hat and the 'Tibetan' hat are probably from Jian-He County in Guizhou Province, as Andrew suggested. I also have some coats on my website from this area and with the spiral motif and in similar colors (, especially TACH194). Also I don't recall seeing the little silver deity figures on things Tibetan, but I don't know much about things Tibetan... I do see them a lot in Guizhou.

Thanks Monique for taking the time to share these charming little hats. Now Pamela has some work to do compiling these and the sweet little hats from the Gejia, plus any previous ones.

Post subject: compare
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:23 am 

Hello!
First of all I wish everybody a happy and healthy New Year!
Yesterday evening I have taken a look at the hats we were studying at. With the information Susan had given I have chosen three hats with similar spiral decorations. I will put a picture of the third hat on the web today. When I look at the decorations especially the two first ones have the same pattern as the coat from Susan which was from Jian He county. The third ones has the same idea pattern. Because I cannot find any pictures to compare the Nuosu style clothing with the hats I think more about a Miao origin. The hats 1949 and 1951 were sold to me as Tibetan hats, but you never know................... Susan mentioned that she never has seen Tibetan hats with the metal decorations. Isn't internet a great way to exchange information!!!!!!!!
Again a step closer to solving the UFO mysterie!

Attachments:
File comment: top of the hat
DSCN3961web.jpg
DSCN3961web.jpg [ 95.67 KiB | Viewed 15190 times ]
File comment: second so called "TIbetan" hat
DSCN1951web.jpg
DSCN1951web.jpg [ 98.2 KiB | Viewed 15191 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

I think that the first hat that Monique posted is really fascinating. I have not seen such an interesting sculptured style before. We have been seeing it in instalments and quite small. Forgive me if I take the liberty to post all three photos together - for impact - and slightly larger.

Now having seen the top, or 'crown' of the hat it is amazing to see how similar it is to the couple of Miao jackets on Susan Stem's site.

Monique, is the hat quite hard and stiff almost like a helmet?

I have been enlarging the other 'Tibetan' hats and the deity charms are interesting. They do not seem to be the same as the mass produced ones today. The whorls on the crown on the 1949 hat are very similar to the crown of the first hat. They do look like Miao hats to me...

Thanks, Monique, some interesting textiles!

Attachments:
3960web_372a.jpg
3960web_372a.jpg [ 55.65 KiB | Viewed 15166 times ]
dscn3959web_680a.jpg
dscn3959web_680a.jpg [ 53.55 KiB | Viewed 15166 times ]
dscn3961web_310a.jpg
dscn3961web_310a.jpg [ 55.63 KiB | Viewed 15166 times ]

Post subject: top of the hat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:51 am 

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for putting all three pictures together. I also have them together on my computer, because I think it gives a nice overview.
The top of the hat is a a little bit stiff/ padded but not really. The sides are soft. I also think it is a fascinating little hat! This week I will meet a friend who also is familiar with oriental textiles and I also will meet Ien Rappoldt, a Dutch lady who has written the book: "Woven stories." The culture of the Miao in China. Let's see what they can confirm the Miao story.

Post subject: eureka jacket found
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:09 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:42 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:50 pm 
Site Admin